CUE Professional Development Web Store
Google Migration Summit
Brought to you by Computer Using Educators (CUE), the Google Migration Summit (GMS) is intended for an audience of technology directors and systems administrators with advanced technology skills. The content is focused on the process and challenges of migrating a school or district from legacy systems (or current systems) to Google Apps for Education. Participants will learn best practices and current issues from experienced peers and experts. Large group sessions and breakout workshops are supplemented by structured time for discussion and networking. Participants are also granted access to list-servs and online groups focused on the migration and implementation of Google Apps for Education.
Sessions will include topics such as:
- Migrating Data from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps
- Pulling Active Directory Data and Using Google’s API’s to Mass-Create Accounts for All Current Email Users.
- Migrating Large Districts (with 30,000 users or more)
- Using the Google Apps Manager Command-line Tool
- Using the Google Apps Migration Tool
- Managing Suborganizations & Setting Up Permissions for Individual Apps
- Creating an Implementation Plan for Current Staff
- Creating a Dual-Delivery Pilot to Test the Systems and Migration
- Strategies for Roll-Out Beyond a Pilot
- Retention Strategies for Legacy Systems
CUE produces the prestigious Google Teacher Academy (GTA) and a series of internationally acclaimed Google Workshops for Educators (GWEs). CUE is also a Google Apps Certified Training Organization.
Please join us at North County Regional Education Center for the San Diego County Office of Education
255 Pico Avenue
San Marcos, CA 92069
on January 23, 2012 from 8:00 to 4:00. The cost is only $199.
Download the flyer to share.
This workshop is eligible for reimbursement through the Ed Tech K12 Voucher program. Learn more at: http://www.cue.org/etv
NOTE: This is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) event.
Thank you for choosing CUE Professional Development. Our currently open workshops are listed below. To register for a workshop, please follow these steps:
For detailed information on a workshop, click on the workshop title. Please contact Amy Jenkins, CUE Office and Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925.478.3460 if you have any questions about the CUE Professional Development registration process or about a CUEtoYOU event.
- Select a workshop and click "Next."
- Log in using your CUE.org account, or create a new CUE.org account if you do not already have one. (To create a new account, simply input your current email address and a password you'd like to use for your CUE.org account - just as if you were going to login. Then, instead of clicking on "Login", click on "Create New Account.")
- Confirm your account information and make any necessary changes. Then click on "Checkout."
- Enter your credit card information and then click "Authorize." (Or, click "Email this shopping basket to…" if you need a quote in order to obtain authorization from decision makers in your organization. Be sure to return to this registration page to complete registration once you obtain authorization.)
- After authorizing payment, you will be presented with a confirmation of your registration. A confirmation will also be emailed to you.
Pay-By-Check Policy: You may register by mail to pay by check (or credit card). To do so, complete steps 1 through 3 above. During step 4, click on "Email this shopping basket to..." and then print that page (or email it to yourself and print the email). Then send the print out with a check made out to "CUE, Inc." to the cue office at 877 Ygnacio Valley Road, Suite 104, Walnut Creek, CA 94596. You are not registered for the event until your payment is received. Once payment is received a confirmation email will be sent to you. NOTE: No payment will be processed without the accompanying printed registration form.
Refund Policy: All registration fees are non-refundable.
We suggest printing these instructions for your reference during the registration process.
CUE Member Benefits include the following:
- quarterly OnCUE Journal, (or OnCUE+ digital edition), discounts on CUE events, including our Professional Learning events like Rock Star Camps, and National and Fall Conferences, local Affiliate and Learning Network memberships, access to check out STEAMpunk mobile labs, and much, much more.